What we do with your personally identifiable information
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
· your name, email address and phone number
· any account-preference information you provide us
· your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
· session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us we will:
· not sell or rent it to a third party — although unless you opt out, we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products.
· take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
· not use or disclose the information except:
· as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered
· in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
· as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
· to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
· as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of The Bramble Patch, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
The Bramble Patch uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.